Tiramisu Cake with Espresso
This tiramisu cake is so delicious you won’t be able to stop eating it. It’s two layers of feather-light ladyfinger cake smeared with a decadent vegan cream cheese frosting and finished off with a sprinkle of cocoa powder andÂ homemade espressoÂ syrup. This is the perfect dish to serve with coffee or after a tasty meal
For the Cake:
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 2 cups almond milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Cocoa powder, to top
out of stock
Last update was on: June 5, 2023 7:41 am
For the Quick Espresso Syrup:
- 1 shot espresso
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt in a bowl. Stir the ingredients until they are evenly mixed.
- Add in olive oil, almond milk, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla. Stir the mixture until is smooth.
- Pour into two eight-inch baking pans and bake the cakes for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Take out the cakes and leave them in the pans until they have cooled to room temperature.
- Remove the cakes from the pans, cover them in plastic wrap, and refrigerate them overnight.
- Pour a shot of espresso and mix it with the syrup.
- Chill this until you are ready to use it.
- Place one of the cake layers on a cake stand or a plate, brush it with espresso syrup, smear on half of the cream cheese frosting and dust it with cocoa powder.
- Repeat this process with the next layer.
Click here to view original web page at www.onegreenplanet.org
Jamie Oliver Chocolatey Tiramisu
Tiramisu is one of the best espresso cake. There are many ways to make a tiramisu. Here is one of the simple tiramisu recipe from Jamie Oliver. Feel free to share your style of tiramisu at the comments below, Enjoys!