In early 2015, Seattle played host to one of coffeeâ€™s largest events: the World Barista Championship. Competitors from over 50 countries came to perform in front of an international audience of hundreds, with thousands more watching online. The World Barista Championship is a tremendous industry event, with an end goal of finding a Champion to serve as a global ambassador for specialty coffee for the following year.
We sat down with Nelson Icenhower, from Barista Parlor in Nashville, TN, to discuss how the WBC influences baristas and the coffee world today.
8 Things To Learn From Nelson Icenhower
- How does a barista prepare for international competition?
- What does a winning competition routine look like?
- What does a winning barista look like? What’s their personality?
- What do you look for in a barista routine?
- What trends in the coffee industry can you trace back to competition?
- What do you see for the future of the WBC and coffee culture?
- What is the value of the WBC?
- What actually makes the WBC so compelling to this industry?
About Prima Coffee Equipment
Prima Coffee Equipment isÂ a speciality coffee equipment supplier based out of Louisville, Kentucky. From their inception, they have set out to make the best coffee brewing equipment available to the general public. Learn more aboutÂ Prima Coffee Equipment fromÂ prima-coffee.com