In early 2015, Seattle played host to one of coffeeâ€™s largest events: the World Barista Championship. Competitors from over 50 countries came to perform in front of an international audience of hundreds, with thousands more watching online. The World Barista Championship is a tremendous industry event, with an end goal of finding a Champion to serve as a global ambassador for specialty coffee for the following year.
We (Prima Coffee Equipment) sat down with 2007 World Barista Champion James Hoffmann to discuss what the role the competition has played in his coffee career, and how the WBC influences baristas and the coffee world today.
Things to Learn From James Hoffmann
- How has the WBC impacted your professional career?
- What followed after winning the WBC competition?
- How does the national circuit differ from world competition?
- Have you seen ideas from WBC make their way into the coffee world? (5:54)
- How has the WBC influenced the coffee industry? (8:51)
- What do you see for the future for WBC? Â (11:28)
About Prima Coffee Equipment
Prima Coffee Equipment isÂ a speciality coffee equipment supplier based out of Louisville, Kentucky. From their inception, they have set out to make the best coffee brewing equipment available to the general public. Learn more aboutÂ Prima Coffee Equipment fromÂ prima-coffee.com