Cappuccino panna cotta, coconut and dark chocolate ganache with almond biscotti
Itâ€™s the perfect combination of rich and decadent, without being too heavy. It sounds and looks complicated but is very simple to make. As the dish can be made the night before it is great for dinner parties!
250ml double cream
250ml whole milk
3 sheets of gelatine
Â½ vanilla pod
1oz castor sugar
2tsp decaffeinated coffee granules
150ml double cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
150g dark chocolate
100g desiccated coconut
145g blanched whole almonds
1 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
260g plain flour
3 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
- For the panna cotta soak the gelatine in cold water for 10 mins.
- Add all the other ingredients to a pot, bring to a simmer and remove from the heat.
- Remove the gelatine and squeeze out the excess water. Then whisk it into the hot liquid.
- Pass through a fine sieve then pour into ramekins or cocktail glasses. Chill for 3-4 hours until set.
- For the Ganache, add all the ingredients to a pan and bring to a gentle simmer. Remove from heat and whisk until everything has melted. Pour onto a flat tray and leave to set. Once set cut into small pieces and roll in desiccated coconut.
- For the Biscotti, preheat oven to 180Â° and toast the almonds for 8-10 mins. Let cool, then chop coarsely.
- Reduce oven to 150Â°. In a bowl beat the eggs and vanilla, then set aside.
- In another bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Beat until blended. Gradually add the egg mixture and beat until a dough forms, adding the almonds halfway through.
- On a lightly floured surface roll the dough into a log around 35cm long and 8cm wide. Transfer to a baking tray, lined with greaseproof paper, and bake for 35 mins (at 150Â°).
- Remove from the oven, place on a wire rack for 10 mins then cut into Â½ inch thick biscuits. Place on a baking tray, lined with greaseproof paper and bake for 10 mins on each side until firm.To serve, use the picture as inspiration.
Click here to view original web page at www.heraldscotland.com
5 min Easy Cappuccino Pannacotta Recipe
If you find the recipe above is too complicated, I have you covered here. A 5 min simple and easy cappuccino pannacota recipe will definately fufill your craving.