Another Three Delicious Irish Coffee Recipes
Previously, I have sharing a recipe and a little bit of background for Irish coffee. Here are another 3 recipes for Irish coffee.
- 1 oz. Irish whiskey (bartender used Jameson Black Barrel)
- .5 oz. mezcal (bartender used Ilegal Mezcal Joven)
- .5 oz. espresso liqueur (bartender used Grind Espresso Shot Rum Liqueur)
- 4 oz. hot coffee (bartender used house blend with Intelligentsia Coffee)
- Shaved Irish chocolate (bartender used Cadbury)
Fresh Whipped Cream:
- 2 oz. heavy cream
- 2 oz. simple syrup
- 1 spoonful espresso liqueur (bartender used Grind Espresso Shot Rum Liqueur)
- First, make fresh whipped cream by combining heavy cream, simple syrup and spoonful of espresso liqueur. Whisk until slightly thickened. Set aside.
- Build drink by adding Irish whiskey, mezcal, espresso liqueor, and black coffee in a coffee glass, leaving room for whipped cream.
- Add one spoonful of whipped cream on top of cocktail. Garnish with shaved chocolate.
Hope Street Brew
- 1.5 oz. Irish whiskey (bartender used Tullamore DEW)
- .75 oz. simple syrup
- 4 oz. freshly brewed coffee
- Heavy cream
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- Add whiskey, coffee and simple syrup to a heated mug.
- Put a few ounces of heavy cream in a shaker tin with a strainer, and shake for a full minute.
- Layer cream on top. Garnish with freshly grated nutmeg.
- 3-4 oz. heavy cream
- 1 oz. Irish whiskey (bartender used Jameson)
- 0.5 oz. cinnamon/cardamom syrup (ingredients to follow)
- 4 oz. hot coffee (bartender used Intelligentsia)
Cinnamon/Cardamom Demerara Syrup:
- 2 cardamom pods
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 125 g. water
- 250 g. demerara sugar
- Begin by making the syrup. Crush the cinnamon and cardamom, and place in a pan with the water and sugar. Bring to boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer for 5 minutes, then remove from heat and let cool. Keep in the fridge in a covered container until needed.
- In a glass bowl take approximately 3-4 oz. of heavy cream and whisk briskly until the cream thickens. Set to side.
- In an Irish coffee glass, add whiskey, syrup and coffee. Stir well until the syrup is dissolved. Pour a bit of the cream over the back of a spoon to “float” the cream on to the surface of the coffee, so it floats evenly on top. Serve immediately.
Click here to view original web page at magazine.foxnews.com